- ReStore Warehouse & Donation Driver (see details below)
Warehouse & Donation Driver
Hours: 40 hours per week, Tuesday – SaturdayReports to: ReStore Manager
To apply please call Mike Glancy, ReStore Manager at (707) 863-0692.
Solano-Napa Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (SNHFH) is one of 1,600 nationwide affiliates of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI). It is an IRS-designated 501c (3) California non-profit corporation which serves both Napa and Solano Counties of the Bay Area in northern California.
The Warehouse & Donation Driver is accountable for achieving the mission of the ReStore, which is to provide a long-term, stable funding source for our Habitat for Humanity affiliate, as well as reducing solid waste disposal and offering a resource for community members to purchase inexpensive merchandise.
Warehouse & Donation Driver management, administration and oversight
- Along with the ReStore Manager, oversees the protection and maintenance of the ReStore’s assets
- Attends committee meetings as requested
- Reads and understands Operation, Procedure and Policy manuals. Offers suggestions for improvements
- Implements policies & procedures established for the effective, efficient and safe operation of the ReStore
- Assists manager with training of warehouse staff
- Interacts with customers, answers questions, and assists with sales
- Participates or leads shift safety and task meetings
- Keeps ReStore box truck clean
- Inspects box truck daily for safe operations
- Drives box truck in a professional manor.
Inventory and merchandising
- Ensures that contributors receive receipts for their contributions
- Ensures materials are picked up from donors on a regularly scheduled basis
- Ensures inventory is cleaned and priced before it is displayed for sale
- Ensures inventory is displayed in a logical, organized and safe manner that encourages customers to make purchases
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of processing area
- Completes projects as assigned by Manager
Donations and Driving
- Picks up donations on a scheduled basis
- Ensures donations fit within the ReStore guidelines of acceptable donations
- Assists Manager by generating donation leads
- Ensures box truck and equipment is kept clean and maintained
The employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time on different floor surfaces. Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Effective interpersonal skills working with volunteers and staff
- Ability to drive a box truck
- Ability to operate a fork lift
- Ability to showcase and display goods and materials to achieve maximum sales
- Ability to train volunteers and staff on the job duties in the ReStore
- Ability to create a team environment and work effectively as a team member
Education and Training
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 3 years of related experience required. A valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required. A clean driving record is required. Need to be a certified fork lift operator or have the ability to become certified.
Solano Napa Habitat for Humanity (SNHFH) is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of SNHFH to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and equal housing opportunity for all homeowner applicants.
Solano Napa Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, familial status, ancestry, physical handicap, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, AIDS, AIDS-Related Condition (ARC), mental disability or any other arbitrary basis.