Click HERE to download a Microsoft Word format employment application or HERE to download an Adobe Acrobat pdf version. For posted job descriptions see below. ReStore applications should be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Site Supervisor (see details below)
Construction Site Supervisor
To Apply, please review the job description below, then email a cover letter and your complete resume to Tracy Moresi at email@example.com or call the office at (707) 422-1948 with any questions.
The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for organizing, coordinating and overseeing construction projects for the Solano-Napa Habitat for Humanity (SNHfH) affiliate. This position reports to and works under the supervision of the affiliate’s Construction Manager. The Construction Site Supervisor must have a commitment to the SNHFH mission to assist low income households by building quality, affordable housing.
Job Site Coordination
- Oversees and directs work of volunteers and trades people at job site.
- Follows provided work schedule and project time line for project completion.
- Follows direction provided by construction manager to perform each day’s job tasks and organizes them into assignments for volunteers.
- Ensures materials and tools needed to complete day’s work are at job site.
- Sets up and maintains a safe, organized work site and a secure area for tools.
- Prepares and presents Safety Orientation and makes sure site meets OSHA standards.
- Ensures OSHA-approved First Aid kits are on site.
- Gives clear direction and sets a consistent standard of acceptable craftsmanship.
- Checks volunteers’ work and provides feedback so jobs are done correctly.
- Secures job site at the end of each work day to make sure tools are put away and job site is cleaned up and safe.
- Works with Construction Manager to make sure needed tools are available as necessary.
- Records and maintains work log of entire project to its completion.
- Reviews plans with Construction Manager as needed.
- Maintains close working relationships with City and County Building officials, utility providers such as P.G & E, cable companies, sub-contractors and vendors.
- Local building codes
- Construction tools
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Microsoft Office applications including MS Word and Excel
- Basic math, filing and record keeping procedures
- Effectively supervise volunteers, keeping in mind they are the life blood of our organization
- Work with a variety of people with differing skill levels and backgrounds
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform a variety of construction tasks
- Proficiently operate standard construction equipment
- Communicate effectively with the public as well as staff, Board members and volunteers
- Work efficiently with frequent interruptions
- Organize work effectively and set appropriate priorities for completing tasks
- Maintain records
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED required. Certification in a trade such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical or similar field required. Associate’s degree in a construction-related field of study would be good. Three years of construction or related experience required.
Solano Napa Habitat for Humanity (SNHFH) is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of SNHFH to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and equal housing opportunity for all homeowner applicants.
Solano Napa Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, familial status, ancestry, physical handicap, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, AIDS, AIDS-Related Condition (ARC), mental disability or any other arbitrary basis.