Building an attitude of gratitude for volunteers that applies to everyone in ReStore.
ReStore listens to each volunteer and takes the time to get to know you – your skills, your character and your personality.
This gives us the opportunity to learn enough about you to tailor ongoing appreciation that makes your service fulfilling.
Appreciation may take many forms including:
- One on one time – individual focused listening and feedback
- Small group activities and projects – group listening and feedback
- Verbal affirmation – verbal or written commendation for excellent behavior, characteristics and personality
- Project support – when you ask for help, we’ll make sure you get it
- Group social activities – picnics, barbecues, etc.
- Gifts – small tangible rewards
- Spontaneous celebration – high five when the situation merits it